Motivation is the key to leadership and learning. Discover sustainable, systematic ways to move from managing your team to engaging and empowering your team so that they can do the same for students.
Managing staff means ensuring that they are compliant with OUR expectations. Engaging staff means getting them excited about YOUR interests and goals. Empowering staff means giving them the skills and space to pursue THEIR passions, interests, and future. The YPML management framework supports staff and students.
In this workshop series, participants will:
- Learn through hands on, collaborative activities that are responsive to their needs and experience
- Find their own voice as a coach while learning how to ensure their team is challenged and supported
- Develop a system for providing high quality staff development across teams with diverse needs
- Create an action plan for personal growth as a leader
- Identify ways to create a culture of collaboration in their organization
- Explore ways to sustainably finance programs while prioritizing professional development"
Facilitated by: Daren Howard
Daren Howard joined the Partnership for Children & Youth in 2015. As the Technical Assistance Manager his is responsible for providing direct support to after school and summer programs across California through advocacy, training, coaching, and consulting.
Daren has been a youth development professional since 2004. He has served students of all ages across California and in Mexico. Most recently, Daren worked with THINK Together in Southern California to provide high quality, academically oriented Afterschool, and Summer Programs. He also served as a Technical Assistance Peer Reviewer for the Los Angeles County Office of Education, and as a Community Advisory Board Member for several local health and academic initiatives.